Skip to content

Uniform Bar Exam Score Transfer

You may be admitted to practice law in Kansas without taking the Kansas bar exam if you have taken the Uniform Bar Exam in another jurisdiction, you transfer your qualifying score into Kansas, and you meet all other eligibility requirements.

Apply for admission through score transfer.

Eligibility requirements

Before you can be admitted to the Kansas bar through the UBE, you must do the following:
  • receive a minimum score of 80 on the MPRE;

  • achieve a score of at least 266 on the Uniform Bar Exam in another jurisdiction; and

  • apply within 60 months of the date you took the Uniform Bar Exam.

Application fee

The filing fee for the Uniform Bar Exam is $1,250.

Score transfer

You must contact the National Conference of Bar Examiners to transfer your score to Kansas.

Rules relating to Uniform Bar Exam score transfer


Kansas Attorney Admissions Office
Kansas Judicial Center
301 SW 10th Ave., 1st Floor
Topeka, KS 66612-1507

Find a District Court

Back to top