JURY PAY: $10.00 per day.
MILEAGE: As authorized by
A Qualified Juror must be:
- Citizens of United States and residents of the county in
which they have been summoned to serve.
- Possess qualification of
- a. Be at
least 18 years of age.
b. Resident of county for at least 20 days.
A Person NOT Qualified to serve as a Juror:
- Persons unable to understand the English language with a degree of
proficiency sufficient to respond to a jury
questionnaire form prepared by the commissioner.
- Persons under adjudication of in competency.
- Persons who within 10 years immediately preceding have been
convicted of or pleaded guilty to an indictment or
information charging a felony.
- Persons who served as jurors in the county within one year
Persons Who May Be Excused With Judges Approval:
- Persons so physically or mentally infirm as to be unequal to the task of ordinary jury duty.
- Persons required elsewhere for public welfare, health or safety.
- Where jury service causes extraordinary or compelling personal
- Because a personal relationship to parties or an interest in the
case to be tried is such that there is a
probability such persons would find it difficult to be
Jury Lists Maybe Compiled From:
- Voter registration records, or
- Census records, or
- Enumeration lists, or
- Drivers license lists, including lists of holders of state-issued
nondrivers' identification cards.